Sunday 5 February 2023

Back in the Woods

The last couple of weeks have been fairly dry which has allowed me to get some jobs done in the wood.

 The main task is to get some bonfires lit before the birds start to use them for nesting. I stack plenty of brash piles for Blackbirds, Robins and Wrens to use but the heaps of rhododendron waste must go.

I haven't seen any butterflies yet but I have seen my first moth of the year. Judging by its colouring and size, I think it was probably a Dotted Border (Agriopis marginaria) that I disturbed from the undergrowth a couple of days ago but I lost sight of it before I could see where it settled.

During the last week I have spotted a Common Toad and also an interesting fungus.


Common Toad (Bufo bufo)





Green Elf-cup (Chlorociboria aeruginascens)





A recent sunset over the distant South Downs








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.